Thursday, October 16, 2008

Update

I've become a big fan of extra strength Tylenol and Neosporin in the last few days. That's some good shit. For the first two days, I was even getting up in the middle of the night to get my fix of both.

My hands are recovered to the point that I can use them somewhat - tremendously helpful in navigating life - and my chin is slowly healing. I can actually get my stitches out Saturday, if I have time. I've heard lots of horror stories from people who had far worse injuries resulting from a flying dive over handlebars, so I'm actually feeling fortunate that it wasn't worse.

Today I finally felt like myself again. Yes it still hurt to do basic things like shower and cross my legs (lots of bruises on my thigh) but I feel less as though I've been run over by a truck.

I appreciate all the love, support, messages, and phone calls. Thanks especially to my friend Cate's nine year old son who wants to be a doctor and who sent me a care package complete with a note in his "doctor handwriting" and two bandaids that look like bacon strips.

Scouter's still a jackass though.
.

No comments: