Saturday, June 5, 2010

Houston, we have a theme for the season

So early in the season I got my ass handed to me on the bike. Twice.

Fast forward a couple months and - you guessed it - the ass handing continues.

On Wednesday morning rides, I absolutely cannot keep up with Patty, Dave and Rob. I'll be hanging onto a tire as best I can, take a second to breathe, and Boom! They're gone.

Then a couple weeks ago, I joined Dave for a Monday night ride. I knew I was in trouble when I showed up and the only other people there were Dave and Rob. They humored me for awhile by making me lead but then at about the half way point they couldn't take it anymore and blew by me. I hung on as long as I could but I swear, whenever I got within two feet of Rob's tire (or was it two miles? i can't remember...), he took off like he had a rocket up his ass. Eventually I gave up. They had their bikes loaded and had showered, changed clothes, and eaten dinner by the time I met them back at our cars.

So yeah. New theme. All suckage.
.

2 comments:

Annn said...

Who is Houston?

TriGirl 40 said...

By the way - that is not how Dave reports it. I hear you smoked them.