Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Losing It

I love my Wednesday morning bike rides.

Sometimes they don't love me.

Take last week for example. We took off at our usual brisk pace and a few miles in, we hit the first set of railroad tracks. I heard a clink but thought nothing of it.

Fortunately, Dave did. He turned back and checked out the tracks while I nonchalantly waited with the group. A few seconds later, he returned - with my car key! Yikes! That could have been ugly. Perhaps I need a safer storage location.

We charged through the rest of the ride. Patty was on fire and I was hanging on her wheel. We had great fun and finished in the low 18 mph range. Yes!

I chatted for a few minutes and then realized that I needed to get my butt home - said goodbye to the crew and zipped off in my car.

When I got home, I discovered my bike helmet dangling from the tire of my bike which was (fortunately) securely attached to my car. Somehow my gloves were still in the helmet. I felt very lucky.

It was only later that I realized my sunglasses had also been in my helmet. Damn. But all in all, I still felt lucky.

And then, Kathryn brought me my sunglasses! They had fallen and were a little scratched but really not too bad.

As much as I tried to lose it, my friends were there to help me out. Thanks, guys!!!
.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Lord...were we separated at birth??? I

TriGirl 40 said...

It is because you have good karma. Can't wait to ride again together. In town this weekend?